- Pre-incorporation/registration advisory services.
- Entity formation and establishment, including registration of business names, cooperative societies, incorporated trustees, and incorporation of private and public companies.
- Compliance services which include preparation and filing of the annual return; maintenance of statutory registers; processing of share transfers and allotments, deadline filing reminders, and access to other professional company secretarial services on an ad-hoc basis.
- Processing of applications for industry-specific regulatory permits and licenses (such as IDCC, NOIC, CBN, Mining Cadastral office, NCC, NOTAP, NAICOM, FIRS, NEPZA, SON, NAFDAC).
- Develop and manage the processes that ensure full and timely compliance with company and other legislations and regulations applicable to your client.
- Monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment, and take appropriate action required by such changes.
Equity Union is available to provide any of the following services:
Pre-Incorporation/Incorporation/Post-Incorporation Support Services
- Entity rationalization and supporting you in managing changes as your business grows.
- Sharing with you our experience of effective corporate governance and risk management. The chartered secretaries, solicitors and corporate governance professionals at Equity Union Limited have a wealth of experience with improving governance. A robust corporate governance framework can help improve the organisation and decision making in the company, ensuring that decisions are taken in the right way at the right level.
- Due diligence and status check of local and foreign companies (potential partners)
- Registration of non-residents in Nigeria due to property ownership and opening of accounts in Nigerian banks.
- Registration of companies abroad
Company Secretaries & Support Services
- Corporate governance audit.
- Developing and managing the processes that ensure full and timely compliance with company and other legislations and regulations applicable to your company or other entity.
- Keeping stakeholders informed of the corporate governance requirements on their offices or positions as provided in Companies and Allied Matters Act and other industry-specific legislations and regulations/codes;
- Interfacing with stakeholders with a view to ensuring adequate and timely response to shareholder requests and tracking their benefits.
- Organising, preparing agendas for, and taking minutes of meetings (including but not restricted to minutes of General Meetings, Board of Directors, and of other Statutory or Board Committees).
- Dealing with correspondence and notices (including those to and from directors and shareholders) ordinarily required to be dealt with by the Company Secretary; collating information for use at board and other meetings; drawing-up resolutions, writing reports and ensuring decisions made are communicated to the relevant people.
- Contributing to meeting discussions, as and when required, and advising members of the corporate governance implications of their policies.
- Liaising with statutory regulators and advisers.
- Keeping and maintaining the minute books and all other statutory registers, including the Register of past and present shareholders and shareholdings and debenture holders and debenture-holdings, the Register of charges on company’s assets, the Register of past and present directors, the Register of Directors’ interest in the Company’s shares and debentures.
- Preparing and ensuring that all statutory returns to regulatory bodies e.g. CAC, CBN, NAICOM, DPR, SEC, etc.(including annual return/audited accounts, returns of changes in registered address and in the registered particulars of Directors, secretary and shareholders/debenture-holders, returns of charges on company’s assets, and of all special or extraordinary resolutions of the Company etc.) are made in a timely order. For instance, the governance and compliance requirements of a company newly listed on a public market can be extensive. Our experts are available to help establish the processes and procedures necessary to meet the required standards and promote best practice
- Agency and correspondent services where required in Nigeria by your entity (whether foreign, or local).
- Custodial services – safekeeping of documents
- Registrar’s services for non-quoted entities (private companies limited by shares, cooperatives).
- Other administrative and secretarial duties as may be required.
- Take care of the property of a third person and take over the administration.
- Hold and administer shares, directorship rights and other rights.
- Safe storage of incorporation shares.
- Depositing and safe storage of company documents.
- Trust services in connection with investment transactions.